47 Posts in 30 Topics - by 7 Members - Latest Member: Gregs2k2

Author Topic: Battlefield 1  (Read 865 times)

iamfeck

• View Profile
Battlefield 1
« on: October 18, 2016, 01:19:25 PM »
Anyone else tried out the free 10 hours of campaign mode?
I have put in around 2 hours and I have to say, I like where they are going with it.

TheMutsNuts

• View Profile
    • Ragequitters.co.uk
Re: Battlefield 1
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 09:34:05 PM »
I certainly have and agree with you, it's a vast improvement over previous Battlefield campaigns.

Has anyone noticed that the cut scenes aren't as pretty as the actual in game graphics though. Testament to the power of the Frostbite engine.

I've since bought the full game and am really enjoying it, despite my lacking skills in multiplayer! LOL

Gregs2k2

• RageQuitter!
    • View Profile
    • RageQuitters UK
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 12:02:29 PM »
I ended up buying the game. Myself and Muts were enjoying some epic multiplayer a couple of nights ago. It's going to be a fun one to play for the next few months.

I see what DICE has tried to do with the single player; make it emotional. Not a single slice of humour in the game, 100% dead pan, which I suppose I can understand.

As gorgeous and slick as the experience is, it feels very far fetched. Without spoiling things, there's a certain mission in Italy.... it's totally ridiculous (but fun!) and kind of makes the previous missions that focused on ultra realistic settings seem obsolete. You'll know the mission when you play it. I'm sure such utilities weren't used back in WW1. I could be wrong however.

The campaign, so far, has lasted me about 4-6 hours and I only have about 2 more missions to go. It's largely forgettable and I can't imagine going back to play it again. Battlefield has always been about the multiplayer experience anyway and that's where it shines.

Also agree with Muts' comment on the cut-scenes. Assume they also serve as loading screens due to the jittery performance in certain areas.

We should all squad up and have some fun, happy BF times. I'm certainly up for it. ;)

MGSaSniper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 01:10:01 PM »
Meh look to me like Hardline and Starwars is and thats just a reskin and a tart up of the original BF.  :-\ ;D

TheMutsNuts

• View Profile
    • Ragequitters.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 04:35:25 PM »
I hear what you're saying and take it on board but................you're wrong.  ;)